Northern Michigan has been an important part of my summer life since entering into the world – we’ve not missed a summer in Paradise North and this year is no exception. I’m looking forward to staying in Glen Arbor, and I’ll also have the opportunity to return to Interlochen to give a masterclass and recital. It will be great to see old friends and meet the students, and I hope if you’re around we will get to say hello to each other!
- Sunday, 2 July 2017, 5:00pm; Dendrinos Chapel and Recital Hall, Interlochen Center for the Arts, Interlochen, MI. Bryan will present a recital and masterclass as part of the Summer Organ Festival at his alma mater. The program will feature a variety of music to show off the versatility and beauty of the Reuter organ. The concert will last about one hour; the program can be found here and details are here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 22 June 2017
Here in Philadelphia we’re gearing up for an exciting summer! I’m looking forward to traveling in the Curtis Symphony Orchestra on tour throughout Europe in less than one week. I’ll be back across the pond, this time in Bulgaria, later in the summer to work with Larry Rachleff and Donald Schleicher at ICWF. And in between I get to play recitals in three great venues. It will be a fun time and I’m grateful for the opportunities which have come my way. The programs for the summer recitals have been announced and I hope you’ll join me if you’re around!
- Wednesday, 14 June 2017, 12:45pm; the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, CA. Bryan will perform a recital following the noon mass. The magnificent Dobson organ is housed in a stunning example of modern church architecture, and will make a wonderful addition to summer lunch plans. A program is here and a schedule of recitals can be found here.
- Sunday, 2 July 2017, 4:00pm; Dendrinos Chapel and Recital Hall, Interlochen Center for the Arts, Interlochen, MI. Bryan will present a recital and masterclass as part of the Summer Organ Festival at his alma mater. The program will feature a variety of music to show off the versatility and beauty of the Reuter organ. The concert will last about one hour; the program can be found here and details are forthcoming.
- Sunday, 16 July 2017, 3:00pm; The Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, LaCrosse, WI. Bryan will give a recital as part of the summer organ series at the Shrine. The program will last approximately one hour and feature the beautiful Noack organ in an incredible room. Details are here and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 13 May 2017
This week I’m writing from Colorado in the midst of preparation for the dedication of a newly-expanded instrument. At the concert, we’ll get to hear some of the new (and old) colors and ability of the organ at Mountain View. If you’re around Friday, I hope you’ll join me for some great music on a new organ!
- Friday, 21 April 2017, 7:00pm; Mountain View United Methodist Church, Boulder, CO. Bryan will give the dedication recital for the newly renovated organ at Mountain View. The updated instrument has many expanded resources from filled-out choruses to some new color stops, all of which will be showcased in this concert. The program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 19 April 2017
This Wednesday I’m looking forward to two performances: one playing and the other conducting. First will be a visit to Moorestown, NJ to play the recently-renovated organ at Trinity Church. Then, a few hours later, my Curtis colleagues and I will present the premiere of William Langlie-Miletich’s Suite from Mother Courage and Her Children. Details of both events are below and, if you’re in the area, I hope you’ll join us!
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 12:00pm; Trinity Episcopal Church, Moorestown, NJ. Bryan will give a Lenten recital at Trinity Church. The organ will have just been renovated, and these are some the first concerts on the updated instrument. The program will be diverse – not necessarily Lenten – and designed to showcase the new and improved organ. Details can be found here, and a program is here.
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 4:00pm; Field Concert Hall, the Curtis Institute of Music, Philadelphia, PA. Bryan will conduct the world premiere of William Langlie-Miletich’s composition Suite from Mother Courage and Her Children. Scored for “L’Histoire ensemble” and voice, with libretto by playwright Bertolt Brecht, this is sure to be a great and fresh new addition to the repertoire. Details can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 3 April 2017
This Tuesday, I’m looking forward to traveling to St. Paul, MN, to play at Saint Louis, King of France church. Their organ looks to be quite exciting and in an equally wonderful space. If you’re around the Twin Cities, I hope you’ll join me!
- Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 12:35pm; Church of Saint Louis, King of France, St. Paul, MN. Bryan will present a recital on the Saint Louis lunchtime series. This program will feature the musically and visually magnificent Casavant organ. The program will last approximately thirty minutes and begins after the 12:10 mass. Details can be found here, and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 26 March 2017