I’m looking forward to returning to Saint Mark’s Church, Philadelphia on Sunday to conduct my Missa Brevis: Saint Mark with the Parish Choir. The piece is dedicated to the musicians of Saint Mark’s who supported me during my three years as Organ Scholar. I am thrilled to come back and work with these talented people again and I hope you’ll join us!
- Sunday, 12 May 2019, 11:00am; St. Mark’s Church, Philadelphia, PA. Bryan will return to St. Mark’s to conduct his Missa Brevis: Saint Mark in the Sunday mass. The parish choir, for whom the piece was written, will sing in the beautiful gothic church. Free and open to the public.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 8 May 2019
As my first year in New York wraps up, I’m excited to give a recital at St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Sunday. I hope you’ll join us in a magnificent space in the heart of the city! If you can’t, the recital will also be broadcast on their website. Details are below:
- Sunday, 5 May 2019, 3:15pm; St. Patrick’s Cathedral, New York, NY. Bryan will give a Sunday recital on the Kilgen organ at the monumental St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The large gothic cathedral and colorful organ make for a powerful musical experience. The concert will be live-streamed on the Cathedral website, and will last approximately 30 minutes. Details can be found here and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 30 April 2019
I’m looking forward to returning to the beautiful organ and church of St. Louis, King of France, St. Paul, MN. This is a stunning organ in a wonderful room; I hope you’ll join us for some great music! Details are below:
- Tuesday, 9 April 2019, 12:35pm; St. Louis, King of France Church, St. Paul, MN. Bryan will present an afternoon recital on the stunning Casavant organ at St. Louis Church. The concert will be approximately 30 minutes long and highlight the many colors of the instrument which resides in a beautiful church. Details are here and a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 6 April 2019
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been working with the New School Community Orchestra to prepare for our concert of Elgar and Schumann. We’re very excited to share the fruits of our labor with you this Wednesday! This orchestra has been such a joy to work with – their energy and passion for music is contagious. I hope you’ll join us for what will surely be an engaging and heartfelt performance.
- Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 8:00pm; Tishman Auditorium, The New School, New York, NY. Bryan conducts the New School Community Orchestra in a program of Elgar and Schumann. The energy of the performers – community members from around New York – and the repertoire are sure to create an exciting performance to end your Wednesday. Details are here and a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald; 30 March 2019
After a fun concert at Marble Collegiate Church today, I’m excited to continue the week of performances at Mannes on Wednesday and Trinity Church, Boston on Friday. The concert at Mannes, in the GlassBox theater, features wind ensemble music; I will be conducting Strauss’ Suite in B-flat, a lovely early piece that has hints of organ music in it (and even a fugue!). Friday’s recital will feature the chancel organ at Trinity; the program explores German organ music through three composers’ connections to Bach and the sonata. I hope you’ll join us for one of these programs!
- Wednesday, 27 February 2019, 3:00pm; GlassBox Theater, Mannes School of Music. Bryan conducts the Mannes Wind Ensemble in a performance of Strauss’ Suite in B-flat, opus 4. The concert will highlight the color spectrum of the wind section and also features Gounod’s Petite Symphonie. Free and open to the public. Details are here.
- Friday, 1 March 2019, 12:15pm; Trinity Church, Copley Square, Boston, MA. Bryan will return to Boston’s famous Trinity Church to give a recital on the Æolian-Skinner organ. The program will last approximately thirty minutes and will show off the many voices of this historic instrument in a beautiful space. Details are here and a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 25 February 2019