I am excited to return to the Northwest to play, this time in Portland, OR at Trinity Cathedral! The organ and space are wonderful, as is the vibrant city. I hope you’ll join us for this evening of Easter carols and organ music!
- Sunday, 6 May 2018, 6:00pm; Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Portland, OR. Bryan will give an organ concert at Trinity following Evensong. This program will highlight the beautiful colors of the Rosales organ at the Cathedral. Join us in a wonderful city for some beautiful summer music. A program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 30 April 2018
The exciting end of the year continues this weekend! First, I’m happy to be back in Boston to give a recital tomorrow at Trinity Church, Copley Square! The organ and space are wonderful and I hope you’ll join us for a musical refresh to your Friday.
This Sunday is a particularly exciting one for me: the Saint Mark’s Church Parish Choir is giving the premiere performance of my Missa Brevis Saint Mark with Clara Gerdes at the organ and yours truly conducting. The piece was written for my colleagues at St. Mark’s and I’m humbled and grateful to hear them perform it. They are a tremendously talented group and we’ve been hard at work preparing! I hope you’ll join us at the 11:00am high mass on Sunday, April 22 at Saint Mark’s Church, Philadelphia.
- Friday, 20 April 2018, 12:15pm; Trinity Church, Boston, MA. Bryan will present a 30-minute recital that will feature the two renowned organs by Skinner and Æolian-Skinner of 133 ranks. Series information can be found here, and Bryan’s program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 19 April 2018
After a lengthy audition season and seemingly endless consideration, I’m excited to announce I’ve accepted an offer to study orchestral conducting at Mannes School of Music in New York. I’ll be pursuing a master’s degree, studying with David Hayes and other brilliant faculty, some of which I’ve worked with here at Curtis. Mannes has a great conducting program, and I’m honored to join this vibrant community of musicians. Conducting has been a passion I’ve wanted to develop, and I’m very excited to take the plunge. (And not to worry, I’ll still be practicing and playing organ.) My heartfelt thanks to all who have supported me along the way, and here’s to more growth and fun ahead!
As a celebration of what’s ahead and a culmination of my time at Curtis, I’ll be presenting a graduation recital on Friday in Field Concert Hall. There will be works for solo organ by Hindemith, Bach, Widor and Dupré as well as Poulenc’s profane (his word) cantata Le bal masqué. We’ve already begun rehearsing the Poulenc and we’re thrilled to share this masterwork with you. The performance of this piece – for chamber orchestra and baritone – is a wonderful example of how generous and brilliant the Curtis community is, and I’m sure you’ll love the orchestra’s playing and Patrick’s singing. Please join us if you’re able!
- Friday, 13 April 2018, 8:00pm; Field Concert Hall, The Curtis Institute of Music, Philadelphia, PA. Bryan will give his graduation recital in Field Hall. This concert will be the culmination of four years at Curtis and include works for solo organ in addition to Bryan conducting Poulenc’s Le Bal Masqué for baritone and chamber orchestra. Please join us for a special evening of music. Details can be found here and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 9 April 2018
I’m excited to perform for the first time in Atlanta, GA! I’ve long admired the organ at St. Philip’s from a recording of my teacher, Alan Morrison, and am looking forward to giving it a try in person. If you’re in the area, I hope you’ll join us for a great afternoon of organ and choral music!
- Sunday, 8 April 2018, 3:15pm; The Cathedral of Saint Philip, Atlanta, GA. Bryan will present a recital as part of the Sunday afternoon series, which precedes choral Evensong. The organ and space at Saint Philip’s are world-renowned, creating with the program an inspirational afternoon of organ and choral music. The program lasts about thirty-five minutes. Details are here and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 30 March 2018
I’m looking forward to returning to Marble Collegiate Church on Monday to give a brief recital at lunchtime! I hope you’ll join us for some great music and a break from the workday.
- Monday, 26 February 2018, 12:30pm; Marble Collegiate Church, NY, NY. Bryan returns to play a recital at Marble Church on their new Glück organ. The program will showcase the variety of color in the large and versatile instrument. Details are here and a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 22 February 2018