I have some exciting news to share! Yours truly is featured on this week’s Pipedreams, a nationally-syndicated NPR program hosted by Michael Barone. I’ve always liked the show and am honored to appear on it. Michael has selected Calvin Hampton’s First Suite for Organ from Bryan at Bryn Athyn to play on air; the radio program can be found here and the recording can be found on the recordings page. Happy Thanksgiving!
– Bryan Dunnewald, 22 November 2017
Rehearsals have already begun for the premiere of Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing at Trinity Methodist Church in Denver. The ensembles are working hard and the piece is coming together nicely; plus, we’ve been having great fun! If you’re around Sunday, I hope you’ll join us for this special occasion. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Sunday, 26 November 2017, 11:00am; Trinity United Methodist Church, Denver, CO. Bryan will conduct the world premiere of his composition Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing for mixed choir, handbells and piano. The piece will have a special place in the “Thanksgiving Sunday” service and is sure to be a special occasion which brings together multiple ages and ensembles. Details can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 20 November 2016
I am happy to be back home in Colorado to play a concert tomorrow on the new Salmen organ at First Congregational Church in Boulder. The program will feature some powerhouse repertoire and demonstrate the organ’s versatility. If you’re around, I hope you’ll join us!
- Friday, 17 November 2017, 7:30pm; First Congregational Church, Boulder, CO. Bryan will present a concert on the Salmen organ at the church, a relatively new instrument. The program will last about 60 minutes; details can be found here and a program here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 16 November 2017
This Thursday I’m looking forward to playing a recital at Princeton University in their beautiful R. A. Cram Chapel. I’m excited about the program and hope you’ll join us for an afternoon of great music! Details are below.
- Thursday, 5 October, 2017, 12:30pm; Princeton University Chapel, Princeton, NJ. Bryan will play a recital on the Noon Concert Series at Princeton University. The program will highlight the impressive array of color on the Skinner/Mander organ in the beautiful R.A. Cram chapel. The recital will last 30 minutes; a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 2 October 2017
I am excited to already be back in the swing of things; summer feels like ages ago! In two weeks, I’ll head to Greenville, NC to give a concert on their C.B. Fisk organ. This particular instrument and space are a magnificent match and I’m excited to see some familiar friendly faces and meet new people. I hope you’ll join us for a great evening of music! Details are below:
- Friday, 22 September 2017, 7:30pm; St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Greenville, NC. Bryan will give a concert as part of the performance series at the church. St. Paul’s is home to a stunning C.B. Fisk organ in an equally matched room, creating the ideal setting to enjoy organ music. The program will last approximately 75 minutes; details can be found here and a program is here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 8 September 2017