As the end of a busy semester comes to a close, I hope you’ll join us for the Mannes Orchestra’s last performance before the break! We’ve prepared a program of Dvorak and Beethoven, and can’t wait to share it with you. The orchestra is sounding great; this hour long program will surely provide a nice bit of refreshment amidst the holiday rush!
- Friday, 14 December 2018, 3:00pm; Tishman Auditorium, The New School, New York, NY. Bryan leads the Mannes Orchestra in a concert featuring Beethoven’s Egmont Overture and Dvořák’s Symphony No. 6 in D Major. The program will be led by the Mannes Student Conductors, lasts approximately one hour, and is free and open to the public.
– Bryan Dunnewald; 13 December 2018
At Mannes, we’ve been hard at work preparing for the orchestra concert tomorrow (Wednesday) featuring Brahms and Beethoven. It will be my first performance with the Mannes Orchestra and my first as a conducting student! The orchestra musicians are playing beautifully and I hope you’ll join us for a wonderful afternoon of music.
- Wednesday, 31 October 2018, 3:00pm; Tishman Auditorium, The New School, New York, NY. Bryan conducts the Mannes Orchestra in a performance of Beethoven’s Coriolan Overture and Brahms’ Serenade No. 1 in D Major led by the Mannes Student Conductors. The program will last approximately one hour and is free and open to the public. Details can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald; 30 October 2018
Next week, I’m looking forward to heading up north to visit Interlochen! It’s always fun to return to such a special place, seeing friends and enjoying the gorgeous setting. I’ll be working with the students in Tom Bara’s studio and giving a recital on Sunday, July 8. I hope you’ll join us for a great weekend!
- Sunday, 8 July 2018, 5:00pm; Dendrinos Chapel and Recital, Interlochen Center for the Arts, Interlochen, MI. Bryan returns to Interlochen to guest teach masterclasses and present a recital on the beautiful Reuter organ in the chapel. Interlochen’s vibrant community and serene wilderness foster meaningful artistic experiences for students and guests, and this recital will be a great addition to your visit to Paradise North. Details are here and a program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 29 June 2018
Summer is a great time to get caught up on all sorts of things, including the website! We’ve made several overdue updates from a cosmetic facelift to new content and coding. You’ve probably noticed the new look of the website, but I’m also excited to share a new biography as I venture more into the conducting world (while keeping up my organ work, of course). Another big update is to the compositions page, which now contains four new pieces written in the last two years. It’s been an exciting year and I’m glad to share some of that work with you here. I hope you enjoy!
– Bryan Dunnewald, 9 June 2018
I am excited to return to the Northwest to play, this time in Portland, OR at Trinity Cathedral! The organ and space are wonderful, as is the vibrant city. I hope you’ll join us for this evening of Easter carols and organ music!
- Sunday, 6 May 2018, 6:00pm; Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Portland, OR. Bryan will give an organ concert at Trinity following Evensong. This program will highlight the beautiful colors of the Rosales organ at the Cathedral. Join us in a wonderful city for some beautiful summer music. A program can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 30 April 2018