Back in summer, 2016, I was happy to meet Ken Dake at Interlochen, a fellow alum and Music Director at Marble Collegiate Church in New York, NY. Earlier this year, Ken and I were able to work out a chance to perform on his new Sebastian Glück organ at Marble Church. I’m very excited to play this new instrument (reputed to be great!) and share some new repertoire with you. The concert is this Monday, March 20, during lunchtime.
There are some other neat concerts coming up in the next two months, and all those programs have now been announced. I hope you’ll join me at one of these for some great tunes! Details about Marble Church and others are below:
- Monday, 20 March 2017, 12:30pm; Marble Collegiate Church, NY, NY. Bryan will give a recital as part of the Lenten series at the church. The program will feature a taste of varied repertoire to show off the capabilities of the brand-new Sebastian Glück organ. The program will last approximately thirty minutes and is sure to be a great respite during the work day. Information about the new organ can be found here; details about the concert are here, and a program is here.
- Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 12:35pm; Church of Saint Louis, King of France, St. Paul, MN. Bryan will present a recital on the Saint Louis lunchtime series. This program will feature the musically and visually magnificent Casavant organ. The program will last approximately thirty minutes and begins after the 12:10 mass. Details can be found here, and a program is here.
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 12:00pm; Trinity Episcopal Church, Moorestown, NJ. Bryan will give a Lenten recital at Trinity Church. The organ will have just been renovated, and these are some the first concerts on the updated instrument. The program will be diverse – not necessarily Lenten – and designed to showcase the new and improved organ. Details can be found here, and a program is here.
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 4:00pm; Field Concert Hall, the Curtis Institute of Music, Philadelphia, PA. Bryan will conduct the world premiere of William Langlie-Miletich’s composition Suite from Mother Courage and Her Children. Scored for “L’Histoire ensemble” and voice, with libretto by playwright Bertolt Brecht, this is sure to be a great and fresh new addition to the repertoire. Details can be found here.
- Friday, 21 April 2017, 7:00pm; Mountain View United Methodist Church, Boulder, CO. Bryan will give the dedication recital for the newly renovated organ at Mountain View. The updated instrument has many expanded resources from filled-out choruses to some new color stops, all of which will be showcased in this concert. Details are forthcoming and a program is here.