This season is coming together and shaping up to be a lot of fun! There are numerous new recitals planned, and a few more in the works (details forthcoming). I’m especially looking forward to meeting new instruments and cities, from Saint Patrick’s, NYC to Minneapolis/St. Paul. You can always find the most up-to-date calendar on the Upcoming Performances page, and below is a snapshot for what is currently announced in 2016-17. I should also note that the season really began Saturday with a performance at the Mormon Tabernacle. This was a fantastic way to begin: a truly incredible organ and space, great audience and the most gracious hosts (Richard Elliott especially) I could ask for. I hope to see you at some point this season for some great music!
- Sunday, 23 October 2016, 3:00pm; Heinz Memorial Chapel, Pittsburgh, PA. Bryan will perform a recital in the stunning Heinz Chapel. The program features a diverse set of pieces to showcase the beautiful organ and space. The recital will last about one hour. Details can be found here, and a program will be forthcoming.
- Friday, 9 December 2016, 6:30pm; Saint Malachy’s – the Actor’s Chapel, NY, NY. Bryan will give a recital in the Actor’s Chapel in Times Square. This program will highlight the newly-restored organ in a beautiful church. The recital is thirty minutes, timed to fit in with dinner and a Broadway show. Details and a program will be forthcoming.
- Sunday, 26 February 2017, 3:15pm; Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, NY, NY. Bryan will perform on the Cathedral’s acclaimed afternoon recital series. The program will feature the large Kilgen organ, showing off its great sound in the Cathedral’s magnificent space. The recital will last approximately thirty minutes. Details can be found here, and a program is forthcoming.
- Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 12:35pm; Church of Saint Louis, King of France, St. Paul, MN. Bryan will present a recital on the Saint Louis lunchtime series. This program will feature the musically and visually magnificent Casavant organ. The program will last approximately thirty minutes and begins after the 12:10 mass. Details can be found here, and a program is forthcoming.
- Wednesday, 14 June 2017, 12:45pm; the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, CA. Bryan will perform a recital following the noon mass. The magnificent Dobson organ is housed in a stunning example of modern church architecture, and will make a wonderful addition to summer lunch plans. Details will be forthcoming, and a schedule of recitals can be found here.
– Bryan Dunnewald, 5 September 2016