My colleagues and I had a blast on our organ studio tour to San Francisco! The tour was centered around a recital at Grace Cathedral and was six days long. Along with preparing for our recital, we had much fun doing the following and more…
- learning lots about organ building and more from Jack Bethards on a fabulous tour of the Schoenstein organ shop
- listening to Alfredo Rodriguez and his trio at SFJAZZ
- eating some good food (including Krispe Kreme and In ‘n Out)
- taking part in a masterclass with Susan Jane Matthews
- going to see/listen to the San Francisco Symphony perform Tchaikovsky, Schulhoff and Shostakovich
- viewing art and listening to / playing the organ at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor
- eating some great food (even better than Krispe Kreme and In ‘n Out)
- going to Evensong at Grace Cathedral
- performing for a great crowd at Grace Cathedral
- enjoying walking around the city
Photos are available on the photos page. Thanks to all who made this trip possible!
More later including a new biography!
-Bryan Dunnewald, 25 May 2014